Buying and Selling Your Home
Moving house is a stressful and demanding time for everyone. Our House Moving team will keep you informed of developments every step of the way to make sure buying your home is as stress free as possible.
Buying a house is probably the largest purchase you will make during your life so it is important to get advice from a qualified lawyer to help you avoid possible problems and to protect your interests at each stage of the process, from making an initial offer to moving in.
Our Service and Costs
We provide a fixed cost for our service but remember when moving house you will need to pay a variety of other expenses such as stamp duty land tax, Land Registry fees, VAT and search fees.
We will require a variety of documents and details if we are instructed to act for you, these could include the following:
- personal identification;
- a copy of the energy performance certificate (EPC) for the property if there is one;
- anything that may influence the exact time you need to buy the property, for example, starting a new job; and
- how you intend to pay for the property.
We will also need to know if:
- you have applied for a mortgage;
- you plan to do some work on the property;
- you are buying with another person;
- the seller is buying another property; and
- you have a property to sell.
For further information on buying your home, please click here.
If you would like any further advice on issues related to moving house, why not call our team now to see how we can tailor our services to meet your needs. Our team can advise you on the following:
- House Purchase or Sale
- New Build Purchase
- Remortgaging and Equity Release
- Buying a Retirement Home
- Buying a Shared Ownership Home
- Transferring a home
- Buying a House as a Landlord
- Moving to a Rented Home