Advice for the Elderly
We all have the right to manage our own money and make decisions about our affairs. Sadly, our ability to do this may decrease as we go through life. It may happen through illness or disability, or we may just become less resilient and able to deal with our affairs as we get older. Whatever the reason, there are practical steps that you can take now to prepare for what may happen in the future, and we can help you with these.
At Fraser Dawbarns LLP we can provide clear and practical advice on putting your affairs in order, and can help you set out your wishes for the future. You will then have peace of mind that, whatever life may throw at you, your affairs will be as straightforward as possible to manage, and your family will know precisely what you want to happen.
Our Private Client team offer a range of specialist services to help you or your family plan for your future, or the future of a loved one.
- Preparing Wills
- Making a gift during your lifetime - particularly of the home – to reduce inheritance tax
- Setting up a trust to help with tax planning, or to make provision for your family
- Putting in place Lasting Powers of Attorney to deal with your affairs if you become unable to do this yourself
- Advising on care and care fees
Trusted Advice & Guidance
Our lawyers have many years of experience in these areas. We are also members of Solicitors for the Elderly, an independent national organisation of lawyers who are committed to providing the highest quality of legal advice for older and vulnerable people, their families and carers.
With offices in Wisbech, King’s Lynn, Downham Market, March and Ely we are close at hand should you need to meet with us urgently, or if you need to call in to sign documents. If you can’t make it to one of our offices, we are happy to come and see you at home.
Costs and Fees
Our approach to legal fees is entirely transparent. Wherever possible, we will offer you a fixed fee service. If the work required is more complex, we will give you an estimate of the cost up front and will keep you updated along the way. There will be no hidden costs.
Free Initial Consultation
We welcome enquiries and are happy to meet for a free-of-charge initial consultation. We can discuss your circumstances, what you want to do, and how best to achieve this. We can then give you an estimate of the potential costs involved.
If you would like some advice on planning for the future, please contact us to discuss how we can help you.
Why Choose Us?
- Direct access to your own dedicated lawyer
- Full range of legal services
- Clear prices & no hidden costs
Read our Other Services Leaflets Here
Fraser Dawbarns offers a wide range of services to our clients, a selection of which are detailed in the leaflets below. Hard copies are available from the reception of each of our offices. If you would like to find out more about our legal services and how we can help you, please browse the leaflets below.
- Administration of Estates
- Building Disputes
- Buying or Selling an Established Business
- Buying, Selling and Remortgaging
- Employment Law for Employers
- Employment Law for Employees
- Family Matters
- Fixed Fee Divorce
- Land Registration
- Leasing Land and Commercial Property
- Legal Disputes
- Living Together (Cohabitation) Agreements
- Making A Will
- Personal Injury Claims
- Powers of Attorney
- Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements
- Setting Up a Business
- Terms and Conditions of Business
- Welcome to Fraser Dawbarns