Employment Law Services for Business
“I need proper employment contracts”
“My employee came to work drunk – can we sack her?”
“My sales team is not performing – again. What do we do?”
“I want to promote my manager to be a director”
“How do I reward long serving employees?”
“Can we change our terms of employment?”
“I have just taken over a contract – do I have to take on the previous contractor’s staff?”
These are just a few of the enquiries that employment team has recently dealt with on behalf of employers. Our specialist team of employment lawyers has extensive experience of helping all sizes of business with their employment law needs.
We provide clear, affordable advice to help you navigate this complex and fast moving area of law to resolve problems and protect your business.
Our Services Include
- Preparation and revision of employment contracts, policies and procedures
- Preparation of consultancy agreements
- Advice about employment issues
- Employee reward schemes (share options and bonuses)
- Advice on termination procedures, discipline and redundancy
- Negotiation and preparation of settlement agreements
- Representation at the Employment Tribunal
- Transfer of employees with business or service provision (TUPE issues)
Employment Law Audit
Are you concerned that your employment documents and procedures are not really up to date, or suitable for your business needs? Have “standard contracts” let you down? If so, we offer a free employment contract audit for businesses within 25 miles of any of our offices. If your business is based outside that area, we would carry out a desk-based employment audit with you over the phone.
Following the audit, we will advise you whether your standard contracts of employment contain the minimum requirements required by law and make recommendations for improvements for your business. There will be no charge for the audit itself, but we hope that you would ask us to carry out any changes which you need, for which we would give you a fixed price, or an estimate if that is not feasible.
Our objective is to advise action which avoids matters going before a tribunal, but sometimes this is not possible. If the case goes to an Employment Tribunal we can provide a full representation service, either using our own advocates or by using specialist counsel, as appropriate. We will also provide an “advice only” service, which is particularly appropriate in lower value cases.
Costs and Fees
We provide an estimate of the costs and fees involved when taking on a new case so you avoid any unpleasant surprises later on. We keep you informed of costs as the work proceeds so you know exactly where you are. For some legal work where we know how much of our time will be needed, we can offer you a fixed price. This gives you the peace of mind of knowing exactly how much things will cost at the outset.
Fixed Fee Consultation
We welcome enquiries and are happy to meet for a fixed fee initial consultation. This gives us a chance to discuss your case and provide an estimate of the potential costs involved. If you would like help or advice about any aspect of employment law, contact one of our employment team to discuss how we might be able to help.
Why Choose Fraser Dawbarns?
- Direct access to your own dedicated lawyer
- Fixed fee initial consultation
- Full range of legal services
- Clear prices & no hidden costs
Read our Other Services Leaflets Here
Fraser Dawbarns offers a wide range of services to our clients, a selection of which are detailed in the leaflets below. Hard copies are available from the reception of each of our offices. If you would like to find out more about our legal services and how we can help you, please browse the leaflets below.
- Administration of Estates
- Advice for the Elderly
- Building Disputes
- Buying or Selling an Established Business
- Buying, Selling and Remortgaging
- Employment Law for Employees
- Family Matters
- Fixed Fee Divorce
- Land Registration
- Leasing Land and Commercial Property
- Legal Disputes
- Living Together (Cohabitation) Agreements
- Making A Will
- Personal Injury Claims
- Powers of Attorney
- Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements
- Setting Up a Business
- Terms and Conditions of Business
- Welcome to Fraser Dawbarns