Fraser Dawbarns LLP is a forward thinking legal practice, and welcomes applications from legal professionals and support staff who believe they can contribute to the future of the firm.
We offer a competitive salary (dependent on experience/ability) and benefits including pension scheme, medical cash back scheme, holiday from 25 days (pro-rata), cycle to work scheme and childcare vouchers.
Current Vacancies at Fraser Dawbarns
Part-Time HR Manager
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a part-time HR Professional to manage the HR function for all of our offices, joining our friendly team, reporting primarily to the Practice Director. This is a new position that will require travelling to each of the four offices, and the ideal candidate should have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position, be methodical yet energetic and charismatic.
- Knowledge of Employment Law, Compensation and Wage Structure and Benefit Administration is essential.
- Performance Management
- Day to Day HR issues
- Succession Planning
- Appraisal Process
- Holidays and Sickness
- CIPD qualified ideally
Private Client Legal Executive/Solicitor – Wisbech office
We are looking for a full time, permanent legal executive/solicitor with at least 2 years PQE for our busy Wisbech office.
Required Skills & Experience/Responsibilities
- Experienced in the preparation of Wills (including those setting up Life Interest Trusts and Discretionary Trusts)
- Understanding of all types of Powers of Attorney (Lasting Powers of Attorney and Enduring Powers of Attorney) and dealing with all matters relating to the same
- Dealing with Court of Protection work
- Dealing with all matters in relation to the Administration of Estates
Desirable Candidate qualities:
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook
- Actively seek additional responsibilities
- Remain calm under pressure
- Show willingness to learn and to recognise limits of ability and when to seek advice
- A team player
- The ability to check, draft and produce accurate comprehensive documentation for clients, professional persons and third parties
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with drive and ambition, who would like the opportunity to continue and develop a long term career.
Commercial Lawyers 2/3 Years PQE – King’s Lynn & Wisbech offices
We are seeking two experienced Commercial Lawyers to join our teams in King’s Lynn and Wisbech.
The roles are varied, reflecting the breadth of commercial work handled by Fraser Dawbarns, and the candidates will be expected to have knowledge and experience in several of the following areas:
- Commercial Property
- Commercial Development
- Landlord and Tenant (Commercial)
- Agricultural Law
- Intellectual Property and Information Technology
- Employment Law (for employers)
- Commercial Contracts
Purpose of job
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to join the growing commercial real estate and corporate team at Fraser Dawbarns LLP, which has expanded from 4 to 11 fee earners in the last 4 years. A successful team in a growing firm which enjoys an excellent reputation in the region, and a tier one ranking in the Legal 500 for Commercial Real Estate and Corporate elsewhere in East Anglia. Fraser Dawbarns is the preeminent law firm in North Cambridgeshire and West Norfolk, and we are looking for an individual to help drive forward the firm’s ambitious expansion plans for serving local business with regional flare.
An ambitious solicitor (or legal executive) with 1-3 years’ experience gained within a well known regional firm with overall commercial experience.
You may already be an experienced property solicitor with a background in Commercial work, looking for a change or for your next challenge. You would be expected to play an active role in marketing and business development as well as providing a high level of service to clients.
Part-Time Receptionist – March Office
Our busy and growing March office is in need of a part-time receptionist working from 1pm to 5pm Monday to Friday. The suitable candidate will need to be professional and welcoming to clients and be able to multi-task and be organised. Other skills should include but not be limited to:
- Friendly and polite manner with clients both in person and by phone
- Keeping Reception well presented and maintained
- Assisting the office with general administration
- Attention to detail, good memory, communication, helpfulness, organisation, filing, sorting post, answering phones and multi-tasking.
Part-Time Conveyancing Legal Secretary – March Office
We are seeking an experienced conveyancing secretary/PA to join our friendly team in our March office.
- Minimum 2 years as a residential conveyancing secretary
- Audio and IT skills with a minimum typing speed of 65wpm
- A familiarity with all Land Registry, SDLT, common Landlord and Tenant forms, both online and using in-house software
- Full understanding of Case Management Software
This position would suit an experienced, organised senior legal secretary who enjoys keeping busy and carrying out tasks with little supervision.
Please apply via email or in writing, with a covering letter and CV to:
Fraser Dawbarns LLP
1-3 York Row